Thursday, July 7, 2011

Teaching ESL Students

    

           Before I started graduate school, I greatly underestimated what  it took to effectively teach ESL students. I guess since I do not have much personal experience with teaching ESL students, I did not understand the strategies and planning needed to reach English language learners. Throughout my graduate courses at MTSU, I have learned that there is so much that goes into the planning process as well as many variables that effect how ESL students learn. I am very excited to continue learning how I can best reach my future ESL students. With todays classroom consisting of an increasing number of English language learners, I feel that continuous professional develpment in this area is a necessity. As teachers, we need to be prepared to teach a wide variety of students, with various cultural backgroungs and various levels of language proficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment